Thursday, January 08, 2009

"married women dont blog awhat???"

They do blog. I got married on 9th dec, 2008.

As a kid, when my older cousin sisters got married, I had believed marriage had changed them into people whom you cannot talk to like you did before. I always looked at it as if it was some line you cross and when you stand that side of the line it’s like those olden day Amitabh Bachcan films where he is running and in a couple of strides he is suddenly a 6 footer.

Now as I have crossed the line I have realized the difference. It’s not like those films. It’s like that fairy tale when the ducking wakes up to realize it’s become a swan. It’s like the swan’s first graceful steps. All the years you had before this day reflect in your eyes and you see your childhood as clearly as nothing before. The tear of happiness and the tear of leaving your home behind become one.

The love you see in your parents’ eyes make you go so weak and yet so strong. Its only love that makes you so strong that you feel ready to walk those steps into a new life. The kid I am is still a kid. Yes, I feel more like woman now..with the way I touch my new home. But the kid I am is still a kid. As this kid feels cherished so the woman feels loved.

Before the wedding day I would tell myself that I am not leaving anything behind. It’s just that my heart would grow in size. Now as I stand this side of the line I know it’s like that actually. Today as my younger cousin sister looks awkwardly towards me I smile..I reach out to her with ease.




Special Thanks to Revathi the friend who said, "married women dont blog awhat???"

6 comments:

Almighty's Guinea Pig !!! said...

Pat on my back for the motivation..ha ha....awesome...I love you girl...thanx actually...you are making it easier for me hmmm..."As this kid feels cherished so the woman feels loved"....very nice

Ujjwal said...

Poets are able to express what others can't. This gives them a better understanding of their own self and delight to readers like me :)

When people have diverse opinions about things and also at times stereotypical, then it becomes all the more exciting to see what it means to us.

The values of liberty, love, care, joy of work, reaching out to the unknown are timeless and go beyond our social status. As long as they don't get threatened, we should not be concerned.

Wish you a Great married life :)

Jui Chitre Deshmukh said...

@ujjwal

It's so nice to see you here :)Thanks for this wonderful reply.. I am adding you to the list of blogs I read..

priya said...

hi jui... lovely post.

first things first... congrats on being married :)

your post and your choice of words to express the exact set of feelings that a girl probably goes through are just perfect.

keep writing. i've added your blog name to my blog roll on bindaasbaatein... will help me track new updates on your space... hope thats ok :)

sid said...

congrats jui!!

nice to see that you continue to blog... :)

Prashant Talpade said...

Congratulations Jui.
Now Jui is Deshmukhanchi Soon