Friday, January 16, 2009

Always a train it is for me :)

It's 2 years that I was in pune..I came home many weekends. Not a single time in car/bus. Always a train it is for me :) I like the whole feeling a lot. Going with bags to the station, seeing a train there..It feels like a journey in train. It feels you are travelling far. I like checking the sheets and figuring my name on it and then going and figuring my seat. I like the feeling of giving myself up to the train to take me where she wants to take me. I am not at the wheel, the train is.I sit carefree looking out of the window. No passenger gets to decide the route. I like that feeling a lot. My hand on the window, my cheek resting on my palm, my eyes to the horizon. I love it.I love walking in the unsteady train.

Train makes me feel it's taking me somewhere wonderful. I like looking at the stations on the way. I like to observe people a lot. When I was a kid and when we would travel from Phaltan to Mumbai in train I would always make a friend end of the journey. I would love the train to wait at Karjat and see the Vada Paav guys running alongside the train. I had loved it when the train waited at some station and everyone said the place is known for its shreekhand and rabdi.I had loved it when the train got delayed when we were going to Lucknow. In the middle of nowhere, in the night we waited.

The 2 kids got off at some obscure station just for the thrill of it. Their parents were sleeping. The three of us were awake, taking in every moment of the journey. I was relieved when they returned just as the train was about to start.

0 comments: