Friday, May 27, 2011

Old Sliver

Today I came across my old silver rings and bracelets and other silver stuff. Silver that has turned black. The rings I wore as a teenager.. stuff that defined my spirit then. I always liked gray more than golden. It has a depth I used to say.


One particular rose ring that a silversmith created for me and a silver pen; I found them again today after a couple of years. I keep them such that I find them again after every some while. It reminds me of those times I wore silver. The younger me had more layers sometimes I feel. Silver would make me feel that the metal is able to reflect those dark corners in my mind, those blanks in my sentences, those poems I left incomplete. The gray said it all about me.

Today sometimes I find that old silver and wear a ring or two for sometime. Every time I keep it back. It doesn't return the spirit I once had. It only gives me a memory of what I was.

2 comments:

Saibal Barman said...

Sense turns into sensibility....response turns into responsibility...the metamorphoses are meaningful in contributing remembrances of what was to what is...although in most case they remain only virtual oblivious to the original.....
But butterfly has wider wings...varied colour and zeal to fly than the worm that devoured endlessly...its passion was altogether different...yet, it counts to sleep, dream and emerge...a sense of liberation to a confinement of burdens of freedom, I presume...
Very rich post, as always, Jui !
Regards,

bhumika said...

I still remember the girl with silver rings and bracelets :) So glad to track you back from one of my old posts. The latest post brought a tear to my eye. Continue to write. It's too good a gift to go waste :) and congrats on embracing motherhood.