Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Junior Jumbo Vada Pav

On my way to work I saw a shop flaunting these multiple signboards ‘jr. jumbo vada pav’. My day in the city had begun with a slight, but intensifying headache. I saw this board and asked my headache to be easy on me. Paradox. Mumbai is all but a paradox. Richest of the rich are absolutely miserly here. The poorest of the poor have nothing to lose and can give boundlessly.

The educated youth are unemployed and fed, overfed rather by their folks. The uneducated youth are enterprising and run a small workshop in the renowned empire of Dharavi. People have so much of a reason to hurry back home that without a slightest contemplation they lay their lives at the railway tracks.

Junior Jumbo Vada Pav!


3 comments:

bhumika said...

Mumbai is all but a paradox - so true! i can imagine you talking about this with the same passion with which you discussed 'Maximum City' in chittu's lecs :)

Jui Chitre Deshmukh said...

@ bhumika

thanks a lot.. this one means a lot to me..:)for u to remind me that u still remember that presentation..u know what i never spoke with so much conviction again. there came to such chance..:)

Anonymous said...

You know something Jui, this is certainly a six because it flows so well, but the only thing is, I'm not sure if it qualifies as Poetry as it's more of poetic prose.