Monday, August 25, 2008

Ounces of pink

For you, a thousand times over”

Ounce and Ounce. The rose bush in my garden blossomed with pink. I have lost the count of beats my heart skips..I can run a mile for you. Does the green tree know the number of leaves it should bear for the drops that quenched its thirst? How many ounces of pink for this season?

I can only walk these ten steps towards you. I can only shed three tears. Let me invest those smiles, hold them safe and suppressed within me till they become laughter..for a happier tomorrow.

Calculations. The second thought when I sign that charity cheque. The second thought when I give a piece of bread to the pup down the lane.

Boundless joy..
Million stars

For you, a thousand times over




2 comments:

Saibal Barman said...

I read it over and again to find myself finally lost into a world that offers a sharp band of rainbow--a grand spectrum revealing a poet's intense feeling of boundless joy deeply sunk in melancholic stokes upon an impressionist's easel...

I gazed on to discern if those smiles that drew its ripples of joy from deeper waves of sorrow would crush against as sorrows drawn from deeper joy of holiness...and I wished it a thousand times over...

Jui Chitre Deshmukh said...

@ Saibal

I gazed on to discern if those smiles that drew its ripples of joy from deeper waves of sorrow would crush against as sorrows drawn from deeper joy of holiness...and I wished it a thousand times over...

beautiful!Thanks for writing it here..