Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rain..

Like any impatient housewife who puts the gas burner on full when the milk is just about to be heated completely, God seems to get impatient every time its time to bring the rain. I am not trying to say God is a woman because of the impatience shown here.

When it rains everything seems to rain. I close my eyes; spread my arms under the blackish grayish clouds. Everything seems like running free. Yellow on the backdrop of black. Lines, forked lines drawn by the hand strong enough to let the lines run where they want to run…

I run free too. The rain makes everything rain. After the red of the gulmohar on the streets the newborn green makes me feel as if every day, every thing is a wonder. The ripples I see on the lake, the ripples I feel in my eye.. sometimes it is one drop at a time. Sometimes it is one rain at a time. On the black of that rock, the one that waits patiently at the edge of the river when there is only that footprint of that river, I stand tall. It lets me touch the rain before the rain touches the ground below.

The rain in my palm, it touches me soundlessly. yet seems like talking to me, it listens to me too. I try to keep the first drop of the rain in my palm, but it runs free. It touches the crooked lane, it touches the windowsill of the high window, it whips me , drowns me ..behind the glass of the window with a cup of coffee in my hand I rain with everything else.

7 comments:

Almighty's Guinea Pig !!! said...

Hey Girl.....very well done ....seriously....remember my first post...where Sri Sri Ravi Shankar says...how much ever you try top explain or pen down...words are never enough to express true feelings and emotions....I guess you are trying to prove that wrong....every word...every line....every alphabet infact is expressive here.....KUDOS girl CUDOS.....great work!!!

sid said...

beautiful post.. very poetic

@Almighty's Guinea Pig
u r right!
words can never express though how much they try what she actually felt.
It is impossible to replicate it..
But its spark or essence can be felt in the above words. That is the joy of writing, I guess!!

Jui Chitre Deshmukh said...

@revathi

This post is all coz of u.. Had u not asked me to blog.. had u not reminded me of how I had not blogged for a while.. this post would not have happened .. Thanks a lot lady!!If i again fail to blog .. plz be there for me..

Jui Chitre Deshmukh said...

@ sidharth

thanks for reading my work..I have read ur poetry too a couple of times.. though i did not comment (I am a lazy person as such) .. I like ur work.. i am going to include ur poetry blog in my list of blogs i read..

sid said...

Thank you dear..
I am almost a regular reader here and in ur other "Dear Diary" blog too...
But me also a lazy person :)
I like ur thoughts ..

Saibal Barman said...

"When it rains everything seems to rain. I close my eyes; spread my arms under the blackish grayish clouds. Everything seems like running free. Yellow on the backdrop of black. Lines, forked lines drawn by the hand strong enough to let the lines run where they want to run"---

I read it over and again...
Your posts seem to convey a rich blend of two diverse form of expressions, of a poetic self and of an artist...
I love the way you bring colours to express words and emotion..that just happens with artists..
Your last post (the poem) bears a similar expression to which I truly felt that I had just been lost for words..

Shreyas said...

nice write up u really express welll