Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Figurine

Today, I went to a sari shop. Yes, I wanted to buy one for myself. The reason wasn’t what it typically, necessarily is for women generally.

On my pastel, dull looking t-shirt the guy placed the deep purple, layered cloth. I was supposed to be seeing myself in the mirror and letting the sari decide if it could look beautiful on me. Instead, I was looking at the kid sitting there majestically in front of the mirror, playing with her hair, bringing them on her eyes, combing them back and forth with her imaginary comb.

I stepped a little closer to the mirror. The guy needed me to judge the sari. The kid looked up at me and smiled shyly. I smiled too, shyly. We had caught each other unawares. I saw the kid’s desire to become the woman, she imagined of, with long hair. She saw my desire to become the woman, I imagined of. ..

Then I looked up, at myself. From the pale blur pastel to the deep purple, it was quite a change in me.. I could see. In that moment, my mind raced back to the figurine of HER in that far off place. The image of the woman in that distant temple changes the whole world around me or at least assures me that I can possibly change the world around me someday.

Maybe like the little woman with her imaginary long hair I was living an imagination too, with that piece of cloth.

1 comments:

Vinay Garg said...

Suspense of future is more beautiful than the sorrows of past.!!


We all are craving for Future's Warm Hug.Isnt it?