Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Prayer

I don’t want to read your thoughts. In fact, I don’t want to read anybody’s thoughts. But I can read it all. On everybody’s face I can see it… The eyes pour it all for me. I try to look away. I try to act dumb.

My eyes understand it all. In the moments of laughter and joy too they tell me the story behind the smile. The eyes give it all away. I don’t want to take it. I really want to believe in the crinkles that form every time somebody smiles.

But before I come to the conclusion the conclusion hits me real hard. Suddenly the lady sitting next to me forgets gossiping about her colleague in office and looks at me.

I talk to them all. I look at them all. My eyes absorb it all. The struggle, the pain, the joy that is here to pass, the people they have lost, the people they will lose and the fear they feel of losing them; every glance tells me a story I don’t want to hear.

In the crowd, every face wears a mask. But I can see past it. The layers of emotions hidden and buried; all leave their graves and haunt me. I close my eyes and pray. I send a prayer to them. A warm current hits my gut .. as if I have taken a deep sip of wine.

I journey the dark alleys of their eyes, but there is no fear now. There is light in my eyes , there is prayer enough to bring light to all those eyes looking at me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great post! And posted at 3.48 am- great time to have inspiration is it? :)

Keep those posts coming in!

Jui Chitre Deshmukh said...

jo ... u r just too good!!! i didnt post it so late... the computer clock runs at its own pace.. if i ever write a book, i will atleast hav one reader n critic :)

Beena said...

shall i say beautiful once again. a beautiful piece of writing can only come from a beautiful heart. your writing has the a very deep & a beautiful feel to it. keep writing lovely thoughts.